Enter tags.

I created a version two of the database (although it is not actually used in the script, yet, only manually) which includes tags and tag applications. I used a trigger that runs after a successful delete which deletes records of the tag application. That is actually either because of the trigger or the foreign key dependency. Not too sure.

I also created a method that deletes either of the two tables that are created in the upgrade to two. Basically, I had it error out on the second delete statement because of a type, but it had already done the first delete statement. The next time it ran, it errored out because the first statement had completed so there was not a table to delete. I wrapped it in tries because I expect them to be there, but there is a chance they are not.

I finally added methods to interact with tags to my tag interface. Basically everything from getting todo items with the tags to adding, removing, and deleting tags.

I did some basic testing to make sure the trigger statement worked as expected, it did to the basic test. I should probably write a couple of test scripts that run through all of the different functions and how to test them.

I thought this was going to be a no-zero day thing, but it has not due to many reasons. I am still trying to make that a thing, but I am not sure how often I may post depending on the level of home work any new real life job would require.  Yeah, also, I like being with my wife a lot, so I choose her over posting here mostly.

Till next time! (Likely tonight, honestly 🙂 )


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *